A detailed overview of applications underwear compression in varicose veins
Compression knitwear high density and with different degrees of compression (pressure) used for the treatment and prevention of varicose veins.
When you put on the leg wound to create the outer frame that:
- supports weakened muscles of the calf (here the flow of the venous blood has a direct dependence of muscle tone);
- slightly compresses the walls of the blood vessels, preventing them from stretch;
- it stimulates blood circulation and lymphatic drainage;
- prevents the stagnation of the liquids.
Make 6 types of compression stockings:
- Tights (covering both arms from the foot to the thigh and they end up in life).
- Socks (are designed for the lower limb from the foot to the thigh).
- Socks (put in the leg from the foot up to the knee).
- Leg warmers (remember the knee without the heel and sock).
- Socks (put the foot up to the ankle).
- The sleeves (to hand from the wrist to the shoulder).
The products have a certain degree of compression (pressure) at the level of the ankles (from here starts the difficult part of the return of the venous blood), measured in mm hg. article and to calculate, on the basis of the severity of varicose veins. The degree of compression jerseys can be a preventative (low pressure – 1 class) or therapeutic (with high pressure 2, 3, 4 classes).
You can't say that fits the best tights or stockings – linen for the house and the degree of compression for the treatment and prevention choose a doctor flebologo or angiosurgeon, makes the conclusion on the basis of the clinical history, the results of the investigations and individual testimonies.
How compression works linen for the house
In varicose veins the first to suffer from the lower limbs: the blood with ease comes from the heart through the arteries down, but upwards, into the veins, rises with the forces. Reversing the flow of blood is provided by several different mechanisms:
- the contractions of the heart, which "push" the blood, forcing it to circulate in the vascular system;
- the valves of the veins, that bypass the blood in the soil of the pot, for she did not move in the opposite direction;
- regular contractions of the muscles of the legs and thighs (muscular hydraulic), which form a sort of supporting frame for the vessels, gently squeeze them and help to push the blood upwards from the lower part of the legs to the hips and pelvis. Their weakness is one of the main mechanisms of formation of varicose veins.
Compression stockings called upon to perform the function of the muscle pump and the frame. Compress the foot into a specific position (ankle) is stronger, in others a bit weaker (calf, thigh) is:
- provides an optimal degree of impact on all areas of the foot;
- normalizes blood circulation, helping the blood to move from the bottom to the top;
- gently compress muscles, it strengthens the tone of the vascular walls, does not allow them to stretch;
- narrows the lumen of the damaged veins, helping to redistribute a part of blood healthy blood vessels;
- normalizes the valve unit;
- stimulates the lymphatic flow, eliminating swelling and congestion;
- reduces the load on the sick in vienna.
That normalizes the blood circulation in the lower limbs, selected the correct compression stockings performs several functions:
- It improves the metabolism and nutrition of tissues.
- Prevents the development of complications (thrombosis, mortification of the tissues due to oxygen deficiency).
- Relieves expressed symptoms (pain, itching, swelling after a day of work).
- It prevents the relapse (recurrence) of varicose veins after surgery.
- It does not create difficulties for continuous pulse (if necessary) – external means may be applied over the product.
It is important to choose the linen for the house on the advice of a doctor-флеболога, it will calculate the time within which you want to wear, and prescribe a comprehensive treatment (without him wearing therapeutic mesh inefficient).
The types of linen
View knitwear choose depending on the location of the main events, the product should be 15-20 cm above the edge varicose:
- Tights to use with the defeat of both arts from the calf to the thigh, and signs of stagnation in the pelvis (advanced to vienna, and the nodes in the groin, hemorrhoids), they are useful for the prevention of varicose veins during pregnancy classes and lifting weights. In tights for pregnant women are provided with a special bandage for the belly, which supports, but does not compress.
- Compression garment in the varicose veins in the form of a sock usually, when it comes to recovery after surgery removal of the veins (from the calf to the thigh on one leg, are easier to remove and put on (compared with tights).
- Stockings and leg warmers are designed for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins of the legs, if the nodes and the veins affected are not increased at the knee.
- Stockings used to improve the flow of blood in the ankle area (ankle).
- Sleeves eliminate expressed lymphostasis (stagnation of the lymph, swelling) after surgery, injury, infections, polyarthritis (inflammation of joints).
Contraindications and complications
You have underwear compression there are no contraindications, its categorically not recommend to use in case of:
- Atherosclerotic changes of the walls of the blood vessels (the formation of cholesterol plaques).
- Occlusive disease (inflammation of the inner walls of the peripheral blood vessels of the lower limbs).
- Thromboangiitis (inflammation of the vascular wall with the formation of a blood clot).
For all the diseases is characterized by contractions of the gaps of the blood vessels (cholesterol, platelets, or inflammation of the vascular wall), increased pressure on a limb may aggravate disorders of the metabolism and gas exchange in the tissues and cause their mortification (necrosis).
The wrong choice the degree of compression, type of knitwear and mode of wear can worsen the state of the veins and cause the development of complications (thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers).
How to properly wear underwear for the house
There are rules to follow, wearing compression stockings:
- wearing linen for the house in the morning, after sleep, not getting up from the bed;
- the legs must be dry;
- if you need to wear the shirt during the day – you need to lie on your back (without a pillow) and lift your legs about 15-10 minutes, putting under the feet the cushion (under an angle of 40° to the body);
- sock or golf, with the hands gathered in the "mouth" on the heel;
- been free knit sock to wear on the toes of the foot;
- close on the heel (it is located exactly on the anatomical heel must not slip, "exit" to the left or to the right);
- household linen is distributed evenly on the leg, from the ankle to the thigh;
- follow, in a way that does not overlap, not образовывало folds;
- the upper part of the tights (from the thigh to the waist) and wear by lifting the pelvis, not getting up from the bed.
How to properly care for knitwear
A good doctor is knitwear:
- Must be without solution of continuity, to ensure a uniform pressure on the surface of the skin.
- Must be hypo-allergenic, this enables you to use and during the hot season.
- The particular weaving of cotton yarn, lycra and microfiber in different percentages, regulates the gas exchange and the temperature of the skin, allowing it to "breathe" and not overheat.
- The expiration dates are not compression socks from 5 to 7 months, no longer use it do not recommend, as it loses its properties (stretched).
As a long-time wear?
The length of this period of wearing underwear compression determined their own directions and recommendations of your doctor:
- Quote knitwear recommend to wear the whole period of pregnancy (until the night), and in the initial stages of varicose veins to wear to work (if it is connected to the load in feet, in a trekking trip, flying on an airplane, and in other situations that can result in the development of varicose veins.
- Therapeutic are only to the directions and prescription of your doctor. After surgery continuous term wear can vary from 2-3 up to 30 days. Intermittently – up to 4 months and more.
After a prolonged use of relieve bedding gradually: first night, then the time increases, leading the breaks, several days, filming everything.
Compression garment helps to treat varicose veins only in combination with medications, otherwise the effect will be temporary and unstable.
To get used to knitting, learn how to wear and care for, in a first moment, it is recommended that you choose low-cost products.