Foot massage in varicose veins: when they do, the effectiveness, contraindications
In this article you will learn: how effective is a massage with varicose veins, if it is possible to treat varicose veins. When applying the procedure of how it works. Characteristics of a classical and lymphatic drainage massage, contraindications for the use of procedures.
Varicose veins are some of the massage techniques really help to reduce the swelling of the tissues and therefore eliminate the physical squeezing of the blood vessels. The goal – more gentle mechanical impact (stroking, light pressure with the palm) to reinforce the outflow of interstitial fluid and lymphatic circulation (the movement of lymphatic fluid through the vessels).
Following procedure helps to reduce pain, relieve fatigue, edema, prevent the appearance of varicose veins and reticular mesh, but it does not delete already available manifestations of varicose veins. An added bonus during the massage can be considered an improvement of the blood circulation and the respiration of the muscle tissue and skin, and amplify the recovery and the tone of the vascular walls.
Great massage techniques for varicose veins is a classic, therapeutic, and lymphatic drainage. The first method used for the purposes of prevention, and in the process exclude any mechanical action on the affected area or blood in a vascular network, which is clearly visible through the skin. The second method is also used for the treatment of early stages of varicose veins, on the basis of the slow the study of large clusters of lymph nodes and blood vessels in the body.
Finally, treat varicose veins massage impossible. When the primary manifestations of the disease (heaviness, fatigue, tension, swelling in the legs at the end of the day) one of the effective methods to strengthen the vascular walls and will help you to suspend the development of the disease. After the appearance of the visible grid, deformed veins of the nodes, and the disease can be a possible margin of a blood clot, is a contraindication to any type of mechanical action on the blood vessels.
Quality against varicose veins massage, can make any doctor's certificate, he graduated from the training course. However, due to the nature of the disease it is best to consult care and only after consultation with the medicus-flebolog.
When applying massage in varicose veins
If varicose veins are affected not only the lower limbs, although this is the most common type of the disease. Can be amazed of vienna, of the small pelvis, the genital organs, uterus, colon-rectum (hemorrhoids), stomach and esophagus.
The disease of the internal organs and diagnose usually the case, when the deformation of the veins well expressed. By virtue of their anatomical localization, and the later the diagnosis, the massage impact with varicose veins of the internal organs do not apply, as it is inefficient and more damage, to improve the condition of the patient.
The procedure is usually prescribed in varicose veins of the lower limb veins, for the prevention and treatment earliest manifestations of the disease. Used two types of massage: classic, therapeutic, and lymphatic drainage, both types are different from one another, the complex of movements, but for all the variety of varicose veins massage therapist uses the same techniques.
All types of varicose veins are equally dangerous complications such as thrombophlebitis (formation of a blood clot in the blood vessels), thrombosis (vessel occlusion trumpets) and thromboembolism (death as a result of separation of a blood clot), then when expressed deformation of the veins any massage impact absolutely contraindicated.
The course can be reconciled with the attending physician and necessarily observe the manifestations of varicose veins: if the number of varicose veins does not increase, does not appear to be hematomas (bruises), the patient feels relief, and then, the process goes in the right direction.
How does the massage
The main task of a massage therapist to work on a surface of the limb soft, more gentle movements, starting from the hips and ends with the foot. In the varicose veins massage in any case, should not be intense, deformation, cutting, or strong, as well as the increased fragility of the vascular walls will lead to the appearance of bleeding and hematoma.
Following a procedure:
- Improves the lymphatic flow and blood circulation, the liquid circulates through the blood vessels.
- Improving the circulation of the blood intensifies the flow of oxygen to the tissues, enhances regeneration and the tone of the blood vessels.
- Improving the circulation of the lymph is cleared and is displayed between the cells of the liquid.
- It reduces the swelling of the tissues around the blood.
- The pressure on the blood vessels and valves is reduced, which normalize the blood circulation.
Massage eliminates all of the stagnation in the tissues of the lower limbs, its action is similar to a physical exercise, but it's more soft and relaxing action.
The characteristics of the classic massage
Classical massage of the lower limbs:
- the procedure produces, by putting the patient on a flat surface;
- in position "lying" to an effective relaxation of the muscles below the knees and the heels, cushion, pillow, lifting his legs at an angle of 45 degrees;
- in position "lying on the belly" legs are raised in the forefoot area;
- the movement produced for the cream or oil to reduce the friction of the palms on the skin of the patient;
- the classic foot massage with varicose veins begin with caresses on the thighs and gluteal region, continue to голеностопом and end up foot. You can reinstall the studio in the opposite direction;
- movement masseur directed from the bottom upward (from the knee to the thigh, from the foot to the knee);
- a group of movements includes the processing (palm of hand) and covers the continuous stroking (both hands), a light rubbing of the surface of the foot, without touching the deep veins. Sometimes you connect a light pressure of the movement;
- is excluded from any mechanical effect, also the easiest thing to do, in the field with evident manifestations of varicose veins: a grid or spider veins.
Therapeutic massage produce courses of 10-12 procedures, every day, or every day, the preferred time – at the end of the day, when the tiredness, the swelling, the tension of the limbs, more evident, and the effect of the treatment is the maximum.
During the procedure, the patient should not feel any pain or discomfort, in this case, the procedure is best to cancel.
Features lymphatic drainage massage
Circulation, lymph drainage, massage of the lower limbs is very slow movements, as well as the speed of lymph outflow significantly reduced compared with the circulation of the blood:
- The procedure produces, by putting the patient on a flat surface.
- In position "supine" under the knees and the heels attach a small pillow to raise the legs.
- In position "lying on the belly, legs slightly raised in the area of the forefoot.
- For lymphatic drainage massage it is not necessary to use the oil or cream, as well as the friction of the palms on the skin of the patient is reduced to a minimum.
- Begin with study clusters of lymph node metastasis in the gluteal and femoral area, continue the study of the ankle and end in the foot.
- A group of movement features include easy pressure surface of the hands in the area of accumulation of the lymph nodes and slow the cup caresses the surface of the foot.
- Movement masseur directed from the top down (from thigh to knee, from knee to foot).
- Is not excluded the use of any movements in the area expressed manifestations of varicose veins.
Lymph drainage massage produce exchange, for up to 15-18 procedures, starting with one per week, increasing the number to 3, depending on the well-being of the patient. Or unpleasant feeling of pain – contraindications to the performance of the lymphatic drainage.
Contraindications for massage
Massage for varicose veins of the lower limb, is absolutely contraindicated in:
- all stages of varicose veins, in addition to the initial;
- thrombophlebitis, thrombosis;
- skin rashes, dermatitis;
- lymphadenitis (inflammation of lymph nodes);
- in infectious diseases;
- oncological diseases;
- a high temperature.
Is contraindicated the use of creams and oils with active substances to increase the local temperature, for example, with extracts of ginger or pepper.