Varicose veins of the lower extremities
Science has proven that varicose veins in the legs develop only in humans. This is due to the fact that a person is always in an upright state, so the circulating blood is located below the heart. The veins and blood vessel walls of the lower limbs are exposed to excessive pressure, so they wear out quickly.
Why do varicose veins appear?
What are varicose veins? This is the subcutaneous swelling of the peripheral veins when they show strong internal convolution with a blue tint. At the same time, a node is formed in it and the valve is destroyed. Therefore, the blood flow does not rise, and due to the stagnation of blood, the veins begin to bear pressure. When it reaches its maximum value, blood is drained, and the excess blood stretches the blood vessel wall, so veins can be seen under the skin. A network of blood vessels is formed, and very obvious nodules are formed on the legs-these are varicose veins of the lower extremities.
When is leg vein treatment needed
- Leg pain, heavy;
- Weakness of upper and lower limbs;
- Night cramps;
- The skin of the tibia is black.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities are divided into three stages. The classification of the disease is based on:
- Compensation phase.The initial stage may take more than one year. The manifestations of venous insufficiency sometimes disappear completely. The patient is worried about the rapid fatigue of the legs and the appearance of spider veins.
- Sub-compensation stage.It may take several years. The blood vessels are significantly deformed, the blood flow is disturbed, and the valves of the deep veins are affected. Swelling often occurs, cramps at night, and the skin on the legs is brown.
- Go to the compensation stage.The symptoms of varicose veins worsen, the affected area increases, and the legs and feet continue to swell. At this stage of the disease, complications develop: age spots, maceration of subcutaneous tissue, ulcers.
How to treat varicose veins
Approximately 70% of men and women in the world have varicose veins, so it is understandable that people are interested in how to treat varicose veins. Modern medicine provides medical, physical therapy and surgical therapies. In traditional medicine, to get rid of varicose veins, you can use the following procedure:
- Sclerotherapy, when the blood vessel wall is frozen;
- hirudotherapy, in which water on acts on the veins to help dissolve blood clots.
Capsules, tablets, injections (injections) are usually used for the medical treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities. The most common are:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.They can reduce swelling, relieve pain, and inhibit platelet adhesion.
- Blood thinner.Prevent blood clots, thinning and improve blood circulation.
- Phlebotonics.Improve the tone of blood vessel walls, increase blood flow, eliminate swelling and burning pain.
If there is no other treatment that can help doctors initiate varicose vein surgery. There are several types of surgical interventions:
- Vein extraction.Remove veins affected by varicose veins. The procedure is performed through a small incision in the lower extremity.
- Stripping.Remove the affected vein and all its tributaries. Surgery is performed through an incision in the groin fold.
- Laser therapy.The light beam enters the vein through the puncture. As a result, they got drunk, dissolved, and disappeared.
How to bandage leg veins
Elastic compression is an effective non-surgical method for the treatment of varicose veins. First, choose the desired length, expandability and width of the bandage together with the doctor. 10 minutes before the operation, the patient needs to lie down on his back, raise his legs, and place a bandage in the same position. It is necessary to start from the feet and gradually move to the calves, don't forget the heels. Almost every lap of the bandage is superimposed on the previous lap. The final twist is 10 cm above the affected vein.
How to cure varicose veins without chemicals and surgery? There are some folk recipes that can relieve the symptoms of certain chronic diseases:
- Nutmeg tin.A powerful medicine to relieve swelling and soreness. Pour crushed nutmeg (100 grams) into vodka (0. 5 liters). Hold for 10 days, shake it every day, then filter, 3 times a day, 20 drops each time, until the bottle is completely empty.
- Soup of verbena leaves.Perfectly regulate veins and strengthen the surface wall of blood vessels. Pour 1 tablespoon of boiling water and 2 tablespoons. l. Herbs and then make it brew. Drink 1 tablespoon of broth 3 times a day. l. Within a month.
- Garlic extract.Reduce the burden on the legs and restore vein wall diseases. Chop the peeled garlic (250 g), cover with liquid honey (350 g), and leave for 14 days. After infusion, take 1 tablespoon. l. 3 times/day. You need to drink the medicine within 30 days.
can prevent varicose veins
In order to eliminate the risk of varicose veins, it is necessary to eliminate the main causes and external factors: smoking, drinking, unhealthy diet. Varicose veins in the lower extremities are caused by the lack of fiber-rich foods in the diet. It is an intestinal cleanser that can remove toxins, pus, toxins and radionuclides from the body.
The doctor recommends that in order to avoid varicose veins, drink at least one and a half liters of plain water a day, monitor your weight, and exercise your legs. It is necessary to avoid overheating and colds, because sudden changes in temperature will be severely reflected in the veins. For the same reason, you don't want to change the climate drastically, but it is better to rest in your own climate zone.