Genital varicose veins: why it happens and how to treat it
Conditions such as genital varicose veins can affect regardless of gender. In women, pregnant women often suffer from varicose veins. In conclusion, varicose veins are not excluded if there are factors that negatively affect pelvic blood flow. The characteristic manifestations of the pathology seriously interfere with the normal way of life. Identifying problems early will avoid consequences.
Why do violations occur?
There are enough reasons for this violation of the reproductive system such as the development of varicose veins.
Pathology can be provoked by:
- genetic susceptibility. Such patients should always undergo prophylaxis to minimize the risk of unpleasant phenomena. You should definitely talk to your doctor about the presence of this factor, as some medications can cause perineal veins to dilate.
- bad habits. There are many people who smoke. Everyone knows the negative effects of nicotine. Because vitamin C is destroyed by nicotine, vein walls remain strong. In a chronically fond of smoking, pathology is possible without any predisposition. Nicotine is the reason.
The dangers of drinking too much alcoholic beverages are not small.
The formation of an inflammatory process was observed due to alcohol exposure in the venous tissue.
- wrong way of life. Dilation of blood vessels in the genitals is usually the result of daily activities. Patients are either kept in a sitting position or forced to stand for long periods of time during work. Of course, the disease does not appear for a few days, but one should not be surprised that the pathology appears when it persists for many years.
- hormonal disorder. On the perineal organs, it is found in many people due to hormonal imbalances. This can be explained by the fact that the veins are kept in good shape due to certain hormones. Hormone disturbances can have many causes, but problems are usually detected during puberty or pregnancy and when menopause begins.
- overweightPeople with a tendency to gain weight should keep in mind that with weight gain, so does the load on organs, especially those located in the small pelvis.
Injury to the reproductive organs and surgical intervention in the perineal area can also lead to varicose veins.
If we talk about purely male causes of pathological appearance, then development may be related to:
- overdistension of the bladder;
- trauma to the reproductive organs;
- promiscuous intercourse;
- Use an erection aid.
If a woman has venous disease, the disease can manifest in the following forms:
- swelling of the labia;
- swollen veins (with many randomly tangled nodules);
- Formation of mortar and spider veins on mucous membranes and skin;
- Dry skin of the perineum and its irritation;
- itching, numbness, or pain;
- burning or discomfort;
- Urinary disturbance.
Signs listed tend to increase after sexual contact, physical exertion, and going to the toilet.
Patients usually complain of pain radiating to the sacrum and perineum. Negative symptoms worsen mental state. Deterioration of mood and increased irritability.
Initially, small nodules appeared without any clinical manifestations. The number of nodules increases over time. Their size also changes. This form does not allow normal sitting, walking and sexual activity.
On palpation, you can feel the presence of venous nodules and masses that gradually increase. The affected skin area has hyperpigmentation.
A common disorder in men is varicocele, in which the veins in the testis dilate. Initially, blood flow in the scrotum is disturbed. After the blood is stagnant, it starts to accumulate and the genital area increases.
This pathology can lead to infertility. Doctors recommend surgery only.
Due to varicose veins in the penis, patients experience pain during sexual contact. Enlarged veins are found on the organ.
Complications that may occur in women
Delaying treatment is not possible because the pathology often turns into serious consequences.
In particular, the situation can get more complicated:
- inflammatory process.
Pregnancy can be difficult due to the pathology that can lead to reproductive system dysfunction. Infertility is not excluded if the disease begins. The loss of ability to reproduce offspring can be explained by the fact that inflammation affecting the veins is transmitted to the tissues of the main reproductive organs. As a result, ulcers, foci of infection with bacteria, appear. Problems are resolved operationally.
When the inflammatory process in the genitals goes on for too long, the flora is disturbed, which is why infections and fungi can affect the body. Neglecting treatment of the inflammatory cause, namely varicose veins, can lead to worsening of the condition. In the future, it will be difficult to determine what causes the underlying cause of the disease.
If the reproductive system malfunctions, a woman's body reacts strongly to them. So the nervous system starts to suffer.
Varicose veins can cause:
- rapid fatigue;
Vein dilation leads to a chain reaction in which many functions are in turn disrupted. Even a small cause can have serious consequences.
Diagnosis and treatment characteristics
Diagnosis is made by a phlebologist.
The check itself is performed using:
- Doppler imaging;
- CT examination.
The last two methods are rarely used. Additionally, you will need to donate blood for analysis and an expanded coagulation chart.
To get rid of the disease, doctors prescribe conservative treatment, in which patients must wear compression underwear, use ointments containing anesthetics, and use certain medications.
In addition, you will also need:
- Slightly hot.
The last three treatments are contraindicated during pregnancy.
Sclerotherapy is an injection technique that completely removes the altered vein. The area affected by the disease is cooled with air. Further introduction of special solutions helps to narrow the veins and push the blood. As a result, the flow stops, preventing the formation of blood clots. After that, for 5-7 minutes, squeeze the affected area from both sides.
Sclerotherapy is the most effective way to get rid of this problem.
You should know that it is impossible to fully recover from varicose veins. Qualified specialists will only help achieve mitigation.
Once the course of treatment is over, the patient will need to use prophylactic medication to prevent relapse:
- If there is a genetic predisposition, the gynecologist must know. At the same time, it is recommended to give up the use of hormone drugs. This also applies to birth control pills.
- Early pregnancy that occurs during puberty can be complicated if the girl is likely to have varicose veins. This period is characterized by active hormonal changes, so hormones that maintain venous tone may not be available. The risk of varicose veins increases even more when pregnancy occurs.
- It is important to educate younger generations about the risks that can result from early sexual intercourse.
- If you have bad habits, it's best to break them. Various medications in tablet form with patches or gum will work.
- Also, don't be blinded by super attention. Obesity doesn't always happen with an overzealous appetite for food. The disease does not go away until the patient's weight normalizes.
Elimination of varicose veins is quite possible. Modern medicine offers many ways to solve this problem quickly and painlessly. The only thing is to detect the disease in time, it is possible to return to a normal lifestyle as soon as possible.